This course is divided into the following parts:
- welcome (course start),
- telling stories and planting the seeds of knowledge,
- gathering time (cooking with the Murnong Mammas),
- sharing time (course conclusion).
Learners will complete some of the following activities (weather and light permitting):
- walking around Castlemaine to explore significant historical and cultural sites,
- field trips to significant sites on country and to find plants by the season,
- field guide to identify plants by botanical, common and Dja Dja Wurrung names,
- permission to share Koorie stories of country, plants and animals,
- cultural protocols,
- plan, design, prepare and plant Koorie plants in CCE's garden,
- prepare finger foods and a meal, participate in bush cooking and harvest and cook for the mob (harvesting depends on availability and readiness of plants for harvesting).
Tutors: Aunty Julie and Kathryn Coff
When: Tuesday (10 sessions)
Date: 18 July - 19 September, 5.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Full fee: $230 [Tuition $30 | Amenities $100 | Materials $100]
Conc. fee: $215 [Tuition $15 | Amenities $100 | Materials $100]
This course receives Commonwealth and Victorian Government funding.